Subject: [Leica] Re: It's the lens, stupid.
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 00:52:53 -0400

On Tue, 4 May 99, Andrew Nemeth wrote:

<SNIP>
>I have to agree with Eric here:
>
>It Is The Glass.

<more SNIP>

Yes, mostly - but a bright, clear viewfinder makes composition and quick,
critially accurate focus much easier (I don't care for AF), and at least
for me, a continuously-variable shutter in manual mode (doesn't matter if
the shutter's electronic or mechanical) is a very big deal.  Yes it's the
glass, and the viewfinder, and the shutter...  I doubt I could work as well
if my beloved 400 f/6.8 Telyt were modified to fit my kids' N**** FG.

Doug Herr
Sacramento