Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: AF, a FAD?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 16:53:48 -0800

Well, a week ago I found myself playing with an R8 and an F100.  I found
the F100 very difficult to MF, as if there were mush in the ground
glass--I just couldn't find a sharp point where it snapped into focus,
but it focused like a dream in AF.  The R8 was a dream to MF.  Of
course, I had to turn the lens, not just push the button.  But maybe
we're all getting used to the TV remote.  The point is, that each camera
was designed to operate a certain way.  My F3s are easier to focus than
the N90s.

My girlfriend just bought a new Prelude with the auto/semimanual
transmission.  It does auto very well, doesn't do stick worth a darn.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego