Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:37:47 -0700

Spoken like a true dino.....

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jim Bauman [mailto:jbauman@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 1999 4:47 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Re: AF, a FAD?

Peter K wrote...

>Face it guys.  You are dinosaurs with MF cameras...

Wait a minute. Where is the ART in pointing your camera at something,
pushing a button, having the camera focus for you, set the exposure,
ad nauseum, and then claim it's "your" photograph, or "art?"

But, he also sez...

>Nonsense, if the resulting photograph is excellent no one cares if it were
>artistically created with a manual settings camera, or done via an AF SLR,
>or for that matter a P&S.

Well..... maybe we have a little more respect for the creator...

And Greg writes...

>Don't let your equipment get in the way of a good photo. The human decision
>making process is more important to making good photographs then
technology.
>If you know WHEN to push the shutter button your are %95 of the way to a
>good photograph.

Amen.

You can also select auto-land in an airliner and claim you're a pilot,
or you can fly cross country in a warbird (oh YAAAA!!!) .....  Where's
the real skill, or expression?

Worse yet, you can drive a Porsche 996 and claim it's a "sports" car. Don't
get me started on THAT one!!

Jim Bauman

"Art requires sacrifice..."