Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica revisited & production tolerances
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 18:40:22 EDT

Seems like there are some very touchy readers who do a lot of cheerleading
for Leica in an effort to stifle the comments of others.  In answer to your
question, May 2, 1999, was the last time I shot a frame.  By the way, when
was the last time you processed and printed a roll of film, b&w or color?  Or
to make it even easier, when was the last time you examined and discussed
some 16"X20" prints with another Leica enthusiast?

Someone who was concerned posted a message about the quality of Leica M
cameras and advised Sherry is planning on speaking to this subject if she
isn't "stifled."  Others have noted the problem and the concern is if Leica
doesn't get its act togther, there won't be a Leica camera corporation
because fewer and fewer will pay top dollar for camera bodies that are not
top quality.

Quite frankly Ted, it is my opinion, Leica should be certain the camera
bodies it produces are within tolerance and not expect its customers to be
the final quality control employee of the company.

And no Ted, I do not intend to follow your advice and just "give up" and go
else where for 35 mm camera bodies until such time as Leica clearly
demonstrates it is incapable of producing Leitz quality camera bodies.  This
writer prefers to let Leica know that this consumer realizes Leica is not
producing Leitz quality cameras so Leica knows it is not sneaking something
by.

In addition, if you will start a "thread" about some other Leica subject, I
will be more than happy to read your post.  It was my understanding that this
"board" is to discuss those Leica matters that interest people whether they
are the one posting the message of reading it.  Leica camera body quality
began to be questioned some time ago and when I experienced a problem with a
brand new M-6, it got my attention and I expressed some opinions, thoughts
and questions, that from the response, found some interest and confirmation
by others.

Thanks again for your response and I look forward to your next post.