Subject: RE: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:16:54 -0700

Mark,

You are the voice of reason in the land of dinosaurs and rather than attack
you provide me with food for thought.  I don't shoot Agfapan, prefer Delta
400 or TMax400.  No problem with depth-of-field, I can stop down like you
whether AF or MF.  (Between you and I, my Rolleiflex will remain long after
I sell off the Leica stuff).

Peter K

Mark Raibiner wrote:

Peter!
It's a beautiful day for a game of baseball, the sun is shining, the
bases are loaded, are you shooting Agfapan 25? Are you shooting wide open?
If you can't get both the first baseman and the Catcher both in focus
what can you get? Half the distance? The issue being what is your depth
of field and how big a chunk of it do we need for the real world of
baseball? We don't need to be follow focusing a thin slice of the pie.
Just relax and take a big chunk! I bet much of the great baseball shots
were done with speed graphics. Or Rolleiflexes. Where's you reflexes?
Turn those lasers off; go with the force!!!
High-speed rewinding? Where's your other camera? You know, the one with
the COLOR film in it!!
Mark :-) Rabiner  Wroupht! Wroupht! (Dinosaur sound)