Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon is not consumer friendly. Period. Maybe you pros have better luck.
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 19:40:54 +0000

Friends

All said and done, I am of the opinion that Leica has VERY GOOD consumer
relationships. To cite one example,

I wanted to buy a pair of Leica 10x42 BA binocs in GREEN colour.  All the
shops in Singapore and even in HK did not stock them green stuffs.  It was
like a dead end when I decided to write to Leica Solms.  Mr. Eberhard Kuhne
replied and explained that due to overwhelming demand Leica could not keep
up with the production of their 10x42 binocs.  They were waiting for some
special glass to be made available to complete the manufacture and asked me
to wait.

Three weeks later, the Leica binocs in GREEN colour arrived in Singapore
and I was able to pick up that pair at my usual photo dealer (whose jaw
dropped when he learnt that I specially ordered it from Leica, ahem, for
myself!).  Now that's great service and excellent PR.   Try that one with

I could have given another two more fine examples of Leica (state of the
art public relationship) but I am afraid Leica would not like me to say so.

Dan K.