Subject: [Leica] RE: online LUG photos
From: Wolfgang Spekner <faber@gewi.kfunigraz.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 11:38:20 +0200

>Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 22:45:46 -0600
>From: "4Season" <4season@boulder.net>
>Subject: [Leica] Capturing the unexpected
>
>I'd like to see online LUG photos which show exotic (as well as everyday)
>places and things in unexpected ways! Don't be shy-share an URL or three
>with us :-)

Even if it's maybe not the most liked and most reliable Leica camera:
If somebody likes underexposed slides from a 3-weeks-Leica-Mini3 experience
in the United States, which looked so strange in print that I had to scan
them, go this way please:

http://gewi.kfunigraz.ac.at/~faber/photo/jambal/leica/index.htm

I called that exposition "Leica Moments" long before I knew there was a
competition of the same name. Sorry if this is a sacrilege. I just liked
the expression for what the photographs told me. But I'm willing to change
the title, if necessary!
I'm preparing another Mini3 page, because I really got hooked on the images
the lens is capable to produce.
I was wondering anyway, what LUGers with "real" Leica cameras think about
the optical quality of the mini3 lens? Is it worth the term "Leica"?
I'm actually thinking about diving deeper into Leica-love by buying a used
R-System (and becoming a little bit disloyal to my Nikon system) because of
my Mini3 experiences.
All kinds of encouragment are very welcome.

BTW, a very nice list, I'm glad to have joined!

wolfgang spekner

Wolfgang Spekner
Liebenauer Hauptstrasse 283a
A-8041 Graz / Austria / E.U.