Subject: [Leica] Re: Film Suggestion
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:19:19 -0400

<<I would advise you to just try some of the other new films. I am in the
process of trying the E100VS--possibly a good substitute for Velvia with
100 speed. >>

I've switched to the VS.  I find it is quite consistent in contrast, and
many times mistake the saturation for a Velvia.  Perhaps someone could
comment on the finer aspects of the Velvia/VS saturation thing.  I've not
done any real "testing" but favor the VS not only in terms of contrast,
exp.lat, etc. - but do not seem to be lacking any saturation that the Velvia
has offered.  This could be way off the benchmark, but I'm now using VS for
many of the same reasons that I've used Velvia.