Subject: Subject: [Leica] Life of M 6 battery
From: "Moore,Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:23:05 -0400

> The battery in my new M-6 lasted for only a few roles of films.

Try a fresh battery, and make sure when you put the camera away
you leave it uncocked and switch the shutter speed dial to "B",
so the metering circuit doesn't get powered on when something
in the camera bag depresses the shutter release.

I had the same problem with a new M6 (I also put the "dead" batteries
in an FM2N, and they worked -- though the FM2N might draw less power
so it's not too good a test).  After going through a couple batteries
this way, I suspected the meter circuit and sent the camera to Leica
in New Jersey, and they turned it around quickly and the problem went
away.  A certain Boston-based store wouldn't take the camera back
despite the apparent defect in the new-out-of-the-box equipment.
Haven't gone back there since.  But I digress... :)

Andrew
no archive