Subject: Re: [Leica] Keeping an M shutter in shape
From: Robert Stevens <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:39:28 +0000

Peter:

You think too much;-)  Leica's comment on this is that the springs are
made to be under tension and leaving a camera cocked does no harm.  I
just leave mine advanced so that they are always ready to take a
picture.  Remember, there are a lot of Leicas out there  probably older
than you or I that have been left cocked and still funtion perfectly.
Just ask some of the list members with the very old screw mounts and or
the early M's.

Regards,

Robert