Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: rollei vs leica
From: "4Season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:15:59 -0600

Nope, the SL66 was like that after around $500 for a C-L-A job by Marflex,
too. I think these are just design idiosyncracies, and do not seem to be
harmful to the gear or indicative of malfunction. It's a fine camera; it's
just not perfect. Smooth as silk? No way, but once I was satisfied that the
camera was indeed in proper working order, and not suffering from grit in
the shutter speed control, I wasn't bothered, and certainly did not sit
around twirling controls back and forth in an attempt to "break them in"!
Their TLRs are probably closer to what you're thinking of in terms of
overall feel, but aside from the Rolleicord III that bears my mom's name and
"1957" on the inside of it's (n)eveready case, I don't own one; they're
really not my cup of tea.

Jeff