Subject: [Leica] A Leica moment
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:20:29 -0400

Just to carry on for a little bit the thread that centered on RF as a "way
of Seeing."  Eric and I exchanged views about the "leica" look.  I don't
think that we argued so much as we talked at cross purposes.

I've just posted an image that for me perfectly captures what I associate
with an RF "look".  I can't imagine capturing such an image with any other
camera than an M or with any other lens than a 'lux.  This represents for
me, at least, *one* of the meanings I associate with the Leica "look."

Chandos

See: http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown/photography/people/casey.htm

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http:www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown