Subject: [Leica] Alternate 21/24 finders
From: "Moore,Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:20:06 -0400

I've heard many LUGgers talk about the difficulty in choosing
between a 21 or a 24mm lens, and now that I'm considering
something wider than my 35, I'm faced with the same problem.

Don't touch those flamethrowers yet: I'm not asking the LUG
which lens I should buy :)

I'd like to help myself make that decision by mounting a 21 or
24mm viewfinder on the camera's hot shoe, without actually
mounting one of those lenses, so I can simply "preview" the
field of view in my everyday shooting (usually 35 or 50mm).
The "right" lens choice should be obvious to me after a while
(even if it takes months, that's fine).

Can anyone recommend a cheap viewfinder?  Since I might
like to upgrade to a Bright Line finder when I settle on a
focal length, I don't want to get something *too* nice.  If it were
a 21, I could even etch the 24 lines into the same finder.

Any do-it-yourself finder ideas are welcome, too.

Andrew
no archive