Subject: [Leica] Any tips on keeping horizon level with M6 and 24mm lens?
From: "Mark E Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:40:43 -0700

I recently acquired a 24mm lens to fill out my M6 lens collection. I'm
having trouble keeping the horizon level in my shots. Any tips on how to do
this?  The standard advice with SLRs is to get a gridded focussing screen,
but that doesn't help much with the M6. And with the finder in the accessory
shoe, you can't use a level there.

Aside from the levelling problem, I love this lens. I've taken some shots at
a nearby marina, pointing nearly into the sun, with no visible signs of
flare. This is also a good focal length for interior architecture shots--you
get a very good sense of the whole environment.

Yours in fascination and slight derangement,

Mark Davison