Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality MF system ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:26:00 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> IAt 12:21 PM 4/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Mikiro Mori wrote:
> >snip The only MF camera I now keep is a
> >> Rolleicord Vb.  It is even smaller and lighter than 'flex 80/2.8's, and you
> >> cannot beat Xenar. snip
> >> Mikiro
> >> Strasbourg
> >
> >Rolleiflex Baby's are making a comeback! Get one while they are
> >affordable! The format of the future may be 127!!!
> In all seriousness, and forgive the terminal ignorance - is 127 film still
> around, and is it around in a number of common emulsions?..
>
> And was there a Baby Rollei with a 2.8 lens, and what do those cute little
> babies go for?
snip
From memory I was going to say no on the 2.8 but I looked it up in the
Evans and the answer is yes.
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bron127film.html
is a source for 127 film. Of interest to me is the several sources of
black and white outside of the classics source whose hand rolled you
name it is too rich for my blood. I'm not putting it down.
A Baby Rollei would make a nice companion for a Leica in a camera bag I
would think. Marc James Small should fill you in on it I'm sure. I
understand the optics are up to par for Rolleiflex. Tops.
Mark Rabiner