Subject: [Leica] M2 with 40 summicron
From: "Edmond Kim" <edmondkim@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:35:54 -0700

I have a question... I purchased a 40 summicron for Ingrid, and it seems to
be acting weird.. I've been reading on the LUG archive that the 40 should
cam correctly, but I did notice something. The scale goes to around 25 feet
then after is infinity. Objects that are about 25 -100 feet to align
correctly in the rangefinder, but the really distant objects don't align all
the way.  Even when set to infinity it doesn't align.. I do notice that if I
"over rotate" the lens when I put it on, the infinity aligns..
Any ideas?

Thanks!