Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica quality MF system ?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:41:38 +0000

>> > "As a Leica user and enthusiast, and in keeping with the optical quality
>> > I'm accustomed to, what medium format camera would you
>> recommend should I
>> > wish to augment my 35mm Leica system with a roll film system?"

Personally, after using Hasselblads, Rollei SLRs and TLRs, any of these
fine MF systems will suit your needs.  It's a matter of preference, budget,
and what you intend to do with the MF equipment.

I do a lot of street photography and my MF gear would not suit my needs in
this area.  However, I use my MF gear for more contemplative photography -
scenics, portraits, and in more controlled situations.

>     6. It is difficult to compose in the square format. Yes, a 6x4.5cm back
>is available but it is tricky to get shots in a vertical
>         format even with a 90deg pentaprism.

Personally, I would disagree with this view. There are fewer instances when
I have difficulty composing in the square format compared to the retangular
format.  There are countless instances when I would prefer to print my
photo in a square format (even from my 35mm negs) to achieve a "rounded
image".

Dan K.