Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICA: ARE YOU LISTENING?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 00:39:37 -0700

Well, I really screwed up that last message.
Here is the one I was really replying to:

- ---------------------------
>Marc wrote:
>
>"Gads, guys.  Let's get this one out of our heads.  Leica does NOT
>monitor
>the LUG.  Leica doesn't really care about the minuscule slice of the
>Leica
>market which we represent.
>If Leica IS monitoring this, either in the US or in Germany, kindly
>POST
>something here or, heck, send me a private E-mail telling me you are
>listening.  This is like Moses on the peak, begging for help.  (I do
>NOT
>anticipate that the Twelve Commandments -- or, in Mel Brooks'
>version, the
>Eighteen Commandments! -- will arrive by private E-mail to either of
>us,B.D.!)
>Do a WHO LEICA-USERS and WHO LEICA-USERS-DIGEST command.  I don't
>believe
>Leica is a subscriber."
>
>Ever heard of anonymous email accounts?  Hint: I'm using one.  I
>could be Leica USA or Leica Solms for all you know.  You claim that
>Leica does not monitor the LUG.  Can you prove it?  I sure as heck
>can't.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  I hope for the sake of the
>company that they do.  And even if they do, they probably aren't
>going to tell you or anybody else.  Why?  If you think the traffic on
>this list is bad now, can you imagine what would happen if Leica
>announced that they do monitor this list?

They've said in the past that they have monitored the LUG, and they had the
through _all_ the garbage, but then most of us don't.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com