Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad versus Leica lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 18:43:20 -0700

snip
> In an effort to keep up with the state-of-the art in lenses, I have installed
> a Durst L 1200 with point light source head and point light source condensers
> for 35 mm, 2 1/4 sq. and the current Rodagon APO lenses.  Then using Tech Pan
> and the old Willi Beutler developer formula, my neighbor's home becomes the
> test target for new lenses and Hasselblad versus Leica lenses.  Leica
> negatives are enlarged 16X and Hasselblad 8X to approximate 16X20 prints.
> Now that Leica has brought on the APO and Aspheric lenses, the quest starts
> anew.
Your whole concept you have going here is the most intriguing thing I
have heard for a long time! Durst has a pointsource?!
Rodagon Apo? Interesting! I'm ready to trade in my Nikkors! No Joke.
> Willi Beutler developer formula/ used to use it, am ready for another jaunt.I have been reading how Elon is sharper than Rodinal!!! Those old negs of mine sure print well.
> Hasselblad versus Leica lenses
am heavy into both and would think this would be a great setup to find
out. My money would be on the Blad with their unfair size advantage and
non hurting glass but it could be close.
If it were 20 by 24 I would put big money down on the Blad if I were a
betting man which I'm not.
16 by 20 is a respectable compromise of a size to do this.
Good luck on this project I am all ears.
Mark Rabiner