Subject: [Leica] Re: Testing & manufacturing techniques at Solms
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:27:22 -0700

You all may have taken what I said, the wrong way. I was NOT complaining
about Leica quality, I was arguing that any high-end equipment, whose
production is overseen by real humans, IS going to have some level of
failure that is utterly impossible to eliminate. And there is "no such
thing" as exhaustive testing in consumer products. Obviously not even in
Space Shuttle parts! You cannot "observe" quality control and levels of
testing at a factory.

I personally am very happy with the quality of my Leica products, new and
old. I have Leica equipment that I bought new in 1976, and I have Leica
equipment that I bought new within the past few months. And everywhere in
between. A couple of glitches here and there, but nothing to get worked up
about.

I've had a hellova lot more problems with my BMW's and Mont Blanc writing
apparatus than I ever have with my Leica equipment.

Keep up the good work Solms...

Jim