Subject: [Leica] Re:21mm or 24mm? Also 35 or 90.
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:22:46 +0100

Austin,
It seems strange that no one has said this yet, but if you get the 21mm you
can always crop down to a 24mm shot. Obviously it can't work the other way
about.
I would choose the 21 myself (as I did) but each to his own and the next
widest lens you have will influence your decision as others have suggested.

Also, the 35/90 question. Whilst others have suggested the 35 Summicron, I
know this can be considered expensive (minimum 350GBP in the UK) you could
always look for the 35/2.8 Summaron, a sharp performer available for
sometimes half the price. And yes, this would be my suggestion because that's
what I wanted first, you however may prefer a longer lens.

Jem

Jem