Subject: Re: [Leica] Polaroid SprintScan Question
From: "Francesco" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:12:16 -0700

You know, I had EXACTLY the same problem for the longest time.  I have the
Sprintscan 35 PLUS and I could NEVER seem to get the scans to look as good
as I knew they could be.  In fact I was so frustrated I went entirely to
PhotoCD
for a few months, and kept the Sprintscan in the box.  For the past two
weeks I have
has the scanner out again, tinkering in my spare time, trying to find a way
to make the
scans better.  Out of the blue I decided to call Polaroid and talk to tech
support to
see what they recommended.  After calling three times and talking to three
different
techs, I finally got an intelligent woman on the line who recommended a NEW
version
of their "non Photoshop plug-in" scanning software, called Polaroid Insight
v. 3.
I went to the ftp site and downloaded it and BAMM!  Instantly, the preview
images
and final scans looked very nice.  She said that this new version of the
software has
a scanner calibration routine it runs each time it starts, something that
the Photoshop
plug-in version of the scan software does not have.
I suggest you try this new download.....maybe it will work wonders for you
as well.

ftp://ftp.polaroid.com/pub/imaging/input/sscan35/

Francesco