Subject: Re: [Leica] Testing & manufacturing techniques at Solms
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:51:24 EDT

<<  However, of the ten post-1974 items I own, four have
 failed in use, while a fifth proved dead-on-arrival when unpacked by
 the dealer. >>

Doug, my experience has been better, but then I do not use my equipment hard.
 (I actually pamper it).  However, of four M6 bodies I bought last year,
three had defects out of the box.  All of these defects were cosmetic.  The
cameras functions fine and the replacements were flawless.  Of the lenses I
purchased, I had to return three of them - one for a mechanical defect and
two for cosmetic defects.

Tom Shea