Subject: RE: [Leica] 21mm or 24mm?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:26:54 +0200

Austin,

Not an obvious choice for anyone. I opted for the 21mm Asph and am very
happy with that choice. Since you have used a 20mm, you are well aware of
the compositional bonus awarded by very wide angle lenses. This one has
nothing against it: no visible distortion, no visible vignetting. The
additional viewfinder becomes 2nd nature: fun, clear, quick. Only pity: no
exposure info relayed up there. Erwin's comments on quality are confirmed
by my experience.

OTOH, opting for a 21 mm makes it kind of compulsory to own another wide
angle (28mm or 35mm). Maybe the 24mm choice is reasonable enough to decide
on a 24/50/90 setup...

Alan