Subject: [Leica] LUG
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:30:16 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:
>I suspect that Walt left for the same reason that Ted, I, and numerous
>others, no longer participate actively in LUG lore. After deleting a solid
>week of "pressure plate scratching film" and another week of "M6 shutter
>accuracy", and a week of Why Read "Shudderbug," Anyway?
snip
>Most of the traffic is "kibitzing" and while that's
>OK, don't get me wrong, I'm personally tired of it, as I suspect others are
>as well, and I have too much to do.

I've been on this list for 2 weeks (963 messages not counting some bulk
throw-a-ways!) and I am amazed at the volume that has circulated. I had
something to do with the pressure plate thing since I had the problem and
asked the question. How it grew from there!!!

I've also been involved in the digital printing/scanning/manipulation
thing which Jim did not mention. Is this kind of subject off topic for
this list? Marc - what IS on topic here?

I'm afraid to post this to the list - thinking about maybe generating a
couple of hundred messages that might follow, so I sent only to you Jim,
who posted the quoted message above and you Marc, list administrator.

I'm also on the Rollei list that Marc runs and the difference in the
demeanor of the posters is considerable, its mostly a pleasure to read.
I've learned a lot there.

I don't know what to say about my LUG experience.  My head swims. I know
I've enjoyed the posts of members web sites and seeing their work. Picked
up some interesting technical stuff too. I sure had to wade through a lot
of crap to get it though!

Does this list need to be divided? One of the new ones could be for
bitching and complaining, the other for photographers? Seriously, could
that happen?  And how? Should I/we just filter the heck out of it?

Just in as I write:
>Please REMOVE me from the List...I didn't know this was a
>chat-line...thanks...
>ED.

Kindly,

Henry Ambrose