Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Compact cam, now Elmar 2.8
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:57:50 EDT

In a message dated 4/21/99 10:43:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dstate1@hotmail.com writes:

<< How do you like the new Elmar 2.8?   >>
I had one for a while and its performance was almost as good as the current
Summicron, but not quite with Tech Pan. However, performance was not the
issue in my selling the lens. For me, with the hood, there was not much a of
size difference. The weight difference was not significant either.
Ultimately,I felt that the Summicron outperformed the Elmar, was not much
larger nor heavier - so why tie up so much money on it? However, it sure is
pretty!
Bob Figlio