Subject: Re: [Leica] compact camera.....point and shoot.....recommendations?
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 00:46:49 -0400

- --------------6A41027FCC5ECAADFF462472

Francesco,
  IMHO you should look at the Ricoh GR1 as well.  I had the Konica and
it was nice but limited speeds and large.  Did not like the feel or
operation of the Leica (yeah, I know, Thems fighten words pardner), a G1
- - very nice but never filled MY needs/wants, if I wanted something that
big, might as well use the M6, a T2 - disliked the controls, especially
the flash control, and a Nikon 35ti - wanted something wider.  Also
still have the Nikon 28ti and my current favorite the GR1.
The GR1 gives you P or A modes and has an excellent lens (for my use
anyhow) and the best part is, the camera fits in your pocket.  Now, I
expect that the reason they make so many models is to fit the different
quirks of different people.
Bill
Francesco wrote:

>   For an experienced Leica user who wants a P/S with high quality
> glass,what do you all recommend?  Konica Hexar with 35/2 lens, Leica
> Miniluxwith 40/2.4 lens, or Contax G2 with 45/2 lens?  Which will
> provide the bestimage quality for slides, and which offers the most
> user control, like an M6? Francesco

- --------------6A41027FCC5ECAADFF462472

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Francesco,
<BR>&nbsp; IMHO you should look at the Ricoh GR1 as well.&nbsp; I had the
Konica and it was nice but limited speeds and large.&nbsp; Did not like
the feel or operation of the Leica (yeah, I know, Thems fighten words pardner),
a G1 - very nice but never filled MY needs/wants, if I wanted something
that big, might as well use the M6, a T2 - disliked the controls, especially
the flash control, and a Nikon 35ti - wanted something wider.&nbsp; Also
still have the Nikon 28ti and my current favorite the GR1.
<BR>The GR1 gives you P or A modes and has an excellent lens (for my use
anyhow) and the best part is, the camera fits in your pocket.&nbsp; Now,
I expect that the reason they make so many models is to fit the different
quirks of different people.
<BR>Bill
<BR>Francesco wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<STYLE></STYLE>
<FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>For
an experienced Leica user who wants a P/S with high quality glass,</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>what
do you all recommend?&nbsp; Konica Hexar with 35/2 lens, Leica Minilux</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>with
40/2.4 lens, or Contax G2 with 45/2 lens?&nbsp; Which will provide the
best</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>image quality for slides,
and which offers the most user control, like an M6?</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>Francesco</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --------------6A41027FCC5ECAADFF462472--