Subject: Re: [Leica] Source for Voigtlander Bessa-L in the US
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:04:53 +0100

Tom,
The answer is yes. The Bessa-L is purely a viewfinder camera and the
viewfinder is removable too.
However, I have had a conversation with the English importer who forsees
the release of a rangefinder version before the end of the year!
Personally I find this surprising, why release the first camera so soon
before the other but perhaps this is to test the water? The body came
from an old SLR (I was told) and there's been little expensive tooling
for this version - no complicated lens cams, no fiddly complex r/f
mechanisms, but if the public like it then it would give a green light
to developing the v/f-r/f market.
Rumours also forsaw a set of 3 lenses to accompany the further camera
including an f1.2!
Shades of Canon in the 60's there...

I have been sent a CD ROM of the publicity pack for the camera (Bess-L)
but it is in Mac format and I cannot read it on my PC. Can anyone direct
me to some software which can enable me to?

best of Leitz,

Jem