Subject: [Leica] Ted, it's great to hear from you again!
From: "The Beal's" <jbeal@bendnet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:27:35 -0700

Dear LUG'ers,

I don't know about the rest of the LUG, but it is great to hear from Ted
Grant again!  It is so nice to have a grizzled, junk-yard dog of a guy
kicking our stupid butts out of the techie end and forcing us to focus
on the picture taking.

After selling all of my Nikon stuff, I now have a single M4-P and
Summicron 50.  The size of the Leica equipment allows me take it
everywhere and am bringing in pictures I never could/would have with the
Nikon.  I came in late in the year, but since I've had the M4-P, I am
faithful in my Picture A Day.  Without all of the built-ins (metering,
exposure, etc.), I can concentrate on my composition and lighting.  I'm
even getting less excited in capturing a scene and remembering to remove
the lens cap.

Hell, I'll never be a master, but I'm becoming a better photographer
because of the Leica.  With any luck, and many more years of use, I
might become good enough to deserve to use this quality equipment.

Enough of my babbling...nice to hear the mantra ("Talk less, take more
pictures") from you again Ted!

John Beal II
jbeal@bendnet.com