Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica with little money?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 23:34:14 -0500

At 10:07 PM 4/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The R6.2 is a superb body that is often overlooked precisely because it does
>not have all of the electronic bells and whistles.  That is the reason it is
>extremely dependable.  And the photographer remains fully in control of the
>final image.

At least the illusion is they are. :-) But you are right, the R6.2 is a
superb camera. But I don't ever plan to own one. Not unless I start working
overseas where batteries are hard to come by.

The R6 offers no more control over the image (just for the sake of
discussion) than any other camera that has manual exposure in selective
metering.Such as, say, the R7, or R8. And the R8 and R7 offer more control,
because not only do they have 1/2 stop shutter speeds, they also have
electronic shutters, which are more consistent and accurate (digitally
controlled rather than analog).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a
smile and a gun. --Al Capone