Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:46:04 -0400

Wayne-
Focal plane shutters, like all objects, have a certain inertia, and will
have to accelerate. The actual exposure is determined by the time the film
is exposed- a focal plane shutter is essential a moving gap that travels
from one side of the film to the other. since both will have to accelerate
and brake equally to give an even exposure, photograph an evenly lit
surface, and if you have a desitometer, check the density of both ends of
the 36mm of the negative to see if one of the curtains are hanging.
Dan