Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning & alcohol?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:17:53 -0500

At 08:37 AM 4/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>One reads that methyl alcohol is the cleaning fluid of choice for
>Leica lenses: glass and lens body. What is a likely source for this
>"wood" alcohol? What are the caveats for its use?

I don't think so. The best cleaning fluid is ROR Mist. Much better than the
Kodak stuff. Cuts grease and you don't have to rub a lot to get rid of it.
I think it can be found in most well-stocked camera stores. They also have
a web site, but don't have the URL. The guy in the production department at
work borrows mine to clean the optics on the image setters for the
newspaper. He fell in love with it on his first use.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.