Subject: Re: [Leica] Compositions and different focussing systems(was75'lux focusing)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:39:26 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
snip
> >You could hope it wouldn't but it would have to.
> >Mark Rabiner
> Of course!
> Have we forgotten that the world migrated from Rfs to Reflexes not because
> there was something wrong with the Leica, Zeiss and Nikon rangefinders, but
> because the reflex made it possible to really "see the subject," and to
> shoot with long lenses? The reflex was supposed to provide a new way of
> "seeing." Different way of seeing, different results...

With a heck of a lot less moving parts and lenes that go ZOOM!
I still use my 105 macro too (if that was what you had) and those zooms
are so darn easy!
But I don't like:
the mirror blackout
the delay
the groundglass (sometimes it's ok)
the pentaprism hump
clickaclapshoosenick
Mark Rabiner
But it's the pervasive ubiquitous mediocrity of it that makes the SLR so
much fun!