Subject: [Leica] 75'lux focusing
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:45:13 +0200

Mikiro,
This is just a thought: If you don't find another Summilux 75, try your own
lens on another M-body to eliminate point 3 on your list.

I know that some people have had M-lenses 100% adjusted to a specific body.
The rock musicians photographer Jim Marshall is said to have done this with
all his M:s, and then he never took off the lens.

I have not done anything like that. My own thinking is that a M6 0.85 is
more or less necessary, in order to feel confident when using lenses like
the 75/1,4 or 90/2,0 wide open. The M3 is also a good alternative for 50/1,0
and 90 mm. Before I got my 0.85, I used to trash at least 1/3 of my
Summicron 90 portraits.

Good luck, Hans