Subject: Re: [Leica] X-raying of films
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:44:57 -0500

At 09:58 AM 4/16/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Reading all the posts, and being well aware of the risks (having had some
>film ruined by an idiot of a security guard in Boston), I just wonder why we
>all carry so much film with us.

Could be several reasons. Like we got a good deal on film. I have a dealer
that sells Provia 100 to professional account holders (that is, newspapers
and other big accounts that pay well over $20,000 a year for film) for
$3.50 a roll, min. order $100. I hate to rub it in, but people have asked
what's the difference between pros and amateurs. Here's one of them. I wish
I used slide film at work!

Why would I pay over-priced rates overseas?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.