Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica with little money?
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:40:59 PDT

I wouldn't worry about the country of origin.  I don't think anybody
has proven a quality difference yet based on where the camera was
made, just how it is designed.  R4's are a great value, going for
around 400-500 in new in box condition.  I would recommend going with
a fixed focal length lens as your first introduction to Leica cameras.
A 35mm summicron or a 50 summilux are great places to start.

The Leicaflex is a nice OLD camera, but battery availability can be an
issue, as well as high speed shutter accuracy.  Stick with a newer R
if you can afford it.

I have seen the 50 summilux used for as little as 175.00 in good
condition.

Good luck.
Dan