Subject: Re: [Leica] lens comparisons between brands
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:24:43 +0200

At 8:41 pm +0200 13/4/99, Erwin Puts wrote:
snip
>In stead of discussing top class lenses in simple terms as better or worse,
>it would be more instructive and enlightening to evaluate  lenses as having
>certain optical characteristics that can support your type of imagery.
>I really wish we stop this simple comparison game.
snip

Erwin, I agree 100% with you.  I use Leica optics just because I love its
characteristics, i.e., sculpturesque and massive images not realised with
those of other marques.  N may be sharper; Z may be more vivid; C may be
clearer.  Leica is nevertheless the most to my tastes. At the same time, I
do understand there is no accounting for tastes.

Mikiro
Strasbourg