Subject: [Leica] M-6 scratches
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:48:40 EDT

I seldom try to post anything so I am not up on the proper method so this
might be a real mess so please bear with me.
This is a continuation of my ramblings in regard to the pressure plates
causing scratches on film backing.

One thing I have found to work very well over the years in removing anything
that caught on the pressure plate was human saliva such as a touch of the
tongue on the pressure plate and a quick wipe with a piece of really clean
T-shirt cloth.

Went out to the shop and found a couple of the pressure plates ordered from
Leica in 1988.  The Leica order number is 042-253-001-648.

Have to go to Fossil Rim with the kids in a few minutes but will try to play
with the back cover later tonight so I will be able to suggest how the
substitution of the pressure plate itself might be accomplished rather than
having to send the entire back cover to Leica.  Looks as if the removal of 4
small screws will release the pressure plate from the back cover but there
still remains the necessity of removing the pressure plate from the
tensioning spring arms.

Donjr43198@aol.com