Subject: [Leica] Pellicle
From: PHILBROOKJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:56:26 EDT

Having been on the LUG for 1 year, doing an intense study of Leica M, I
finally bought a black M6 last month from Don Chatterton (an interesting
character!). Also, a 75 F1.4 from Woodmere Camera, & a 135 tele-Elmar from
Cal`s Camera in costa mesa. Erwin Puts`s essays had everything to do with my
choices. I shoot children`s baseball mostly. A question; I have seen
occaisonal adds for a Visoflex with a pelicle mirror. Has anyone used this, &
can you say how bright the screen is (I know about Brightscreen Inc.) & how
much light is lost & how is the light divided? It would be a way to have a
nearly silent release on a reflex camera.Also, perhaps a faster way of
metering with my M 6.  Thanks everyone!!