Subject: Re: [Leica] Howto keep a lens cap on?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:46:37 -0500 (CDT)

Seriously, folks, if you're NOT going to use UV filters,
DON'T leave caps on your lenses and carry them in the bag, unless
they're the tight old metal caps.....a stray lens cap could damage
the front element of a lens in your bag lots quicker than a
padded pocket, which should be held away from the front element
by its natural recess, anyway.  If you have older lenses
with non-retractible hoods, the hood should easily protect the
front of the lens in the bag....contact with air ain't gonna hurt
the glass, anyway!
Walt

On Sat,
10 Apr