Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Problem with M6 scratching film
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:42:03 -0700

I should think a camera coming out with an unfinished pressure plate
would be of the worst possible quality. The opposite of what we hope and
think of in Leica.
In my frame of reference a crummy pressure plate equals a crummy camera,
they are synomomous.
What do I know? If its smooth I consider it. Not, then it's junk.

I can't picture Leica coming out with cameras with unfinished pressure plates.
That would be like telling me middle grey is not middle grey.
Say it aint true!
Could someone write in with a story of a new Leica pressure plate that
needed finishing before it would stop scratching film and then when it
was finished by whatever method stopped scratching film. I just want to
read about it first hand so I can give up quilting for good.
Mark Rabiner
There is no Dog.