Subject: Ricoh 21/3.5 (was: [Leica] The LUG is great!)
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:07:11 +0200

Hi, Hans

Congratulations on your acquisition of a Ricoh 28 mm GR lens.

I had a chance to obtain a newly released 21/3.5 Ricoh GR lens (LTM).  I had
no plan to get a super-wide lens, but I bought it just because it looked so
nice with M bodies and because it had a very clear and bright viewfinder.
Further, it is surprisingly well built (I dare say it is 120% Leica
quality!) and has a beautiful square metal hood.  I cannot tell you now how
optically good it is, but the latest issue of Asahi Camera reports that it
is unique in being 'squealingly' crispy (more so than the 28 mm version)
with noticeable vignetting, which is rather *welcome* for creating
"dramatic" images.  I wish more LUGgers in the world were accesible to the
Ricoh GR lenses!

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Europe