Subject: [Leica] slight M scratches thread
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:47:39 -0500

I can understand the frustration of you who scan in your work only to find
yourself with a ton of tedious retouching work ahead of you.

At work we just got a coolscan III with the digital ice feature.  That is
really nice.  I had an editor hand me a negative that he really "meathooked"
up something fierce.  The digital ice took care of it (scratches and big
thumbprint) and the image really didn't suffer at all in the sharpness
department.  The feature is remarkable.  However, it does take longer for
the final scan.

Those CCD scaners just make every defect show up.  Being careful with your
negs is as important as it always has been.  Those white cotton gloves
really help keep finger oils off of negs.  Don't be afraid to use 'em.

gck