Subject: Re: [Leica] Question on R4/ Lense Purchase
From: The McClures <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 21:05:08 -0400

Hello,

Today at a local dealer I saw an R4 with 50/ 2 Summicron for $400.  The
body was probably about 8+ condition with some minor rub marks on top of
the camera and a little dust in the viewfinder. The shutter and meter
seemed good mechanically. The serial number was slightly higher than the
magic 1,500,000 number.   The lense was very nice and seemed to be same
vintage as the camera, though I can't be absolutely sure (other than the
meter read ok without stopping down). It comes with a 30-day warranty.

Is this a recommended purchase/ good deal?  How can you determine the
vintage of the lense?

Thanks!

Rob McClure