Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop under Linux (was Re: Nikon Coolscan...)
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 17:41:38 -0200

At 03:24 PM 09/04/99 -0400, you wrote:

>> >Photoshop for Linux: Now that could be seriously interesting.
>
>>        YES!YES!YES!YES!... PLEEEEEEEEEESE!
>
>Have you tried "GIMP" ( http://www.gimp.org )?
>It's the closest I've seen to Photoshop under Linux.
>Excellent program IMHO.
>
>--Andrew

        Yeah, it's good, but it ain't Photoshop.
Great for web work but lacks functionality for colour pre-press applications.

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@picturedesk.org
St. John's, Newfoundland             http://www.straylight.ca/locke
(Newfoundlanders... a people who voted themselves out of existence)

- --------------------- PictureDesk International -------------------
Available at PRESSLINK ONLINE           http://www.presslink.com