Subject: Re: [Leica] Cops run amok
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:53:22 -0500

At 01:55 PM 4/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>were summarily discharged with the speed at which they act to abuse their
>authority, the whole profession would be better off!
>I hope these folks pursue all the remedies at hand!

You said it. My father is a retired State Police officer. He never lost a
case in court, and he NEVER abused anyone. Even gave the governor a ticket
once.

It's sad when the idiots give cops a bad name. And the problem would be
over, if the fool prosecutor would drop the charges. Who in their right
mind would charge someone taking pictures on their own property? Courts
drop cases every day - against some real hardened criminals sometimes. So
why not this lady, especially after the police apologized? Someone has a
burr under their saddle.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Do not remove this tag under penalty of law.