Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users on Shutterbug and Domke bags
From: "Paul T. Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:13:15 -0700

Hi All ,
Thought I'd join the fun...I subscribed to Shutterbug in mid '80s to early 90s, the Leica
articles were great, specially those by Don Chatterton, now I buy if I see something
interesting or I'm in market to buy. Bob Shell (flame suit on!) photos I like, he's on
Compuserve and there's a lively email group.  He has photos to download that he upgrades
often(no wonder he's so b-z!)  Now about his 'never met a camera he never liked' I like the
fact that when he reviews a camera he shoots girls and other objects cuz you get to see
(not really good, the mags paper is yucky) how each lens 'paints' a picture, I can cut out
each print, line them up and run a compare!  I read somewhere that photographing people is
one of the more difficult things to do (how many bad people pics do you see your friends
shoot?)

On photo rights, I agree with Walt! I lead mountain bike rides  for my bikeclub where I
teach safe riding. I now
need a permit to ride in a public park that my taxes pay for simply because I use a MTB!
the horse crowd do also
but hikers do not!

Question to all on Domke bags....I have the original small bag and his larger bags (3
total) the small one is really
tattered, showing lots of use, like old pair of jeans. When I bought mine, a pro mentioned
to use it till it falls apart
but before the Leica falls out! ;-). Have any Lugnuts got there yet? my small bag were
bought in '77 the large in
78 and 80.(i may be off a year or two).

I finally getting used to my LUG soft shutter release!!  Soft clicks to all!!!
<paul>