Subject: Re: [Leica] Service on M3 SS
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 13:59:40 -0400

I would avoid Leica NJ. After holding my M3 DS for a month and determining
they couldn't do what was needed (that's another story), my local dealer
sent it to Leica NJ for a CLA. Shouldn't be long, they said. Two weeks
later they said it was a five-week project. We're now at almost seven weeks
and I still don't have it back. The estimate was $370, which any
self-respecting crew of Leica techs ought to be able to spend in an afternoon.

This is grumbling, to be sure, and I know that many others on the LUG have
reported excellect experience with Leica NJ. But I am frankly amazed. Next
time it's Kindermann or Sherry for me.///Dick Baznik