Subject: [Leica] Re: help with summicron-m 50mm
From: Patrick Snook <patrick.snook@yale.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:30:45 -0400 (EDT)

Luggers

Thanks to those who responded to my request regarding the extra click
stop between f/2.8 and f/4.

I spoke to the salesman at Tamarkin NY, and full credit to that dealer for
excellent service. (I bought my camera and lens from Tamarkin precisely
because I have  seen excellent references on this list attesting to their
service--now I've seen it for myself.)

It is a mechanical defect, one that is not uncommon apparently in the
older generations of summicron-m 50s, although not one that affects the
reliability of the lens in any way, I am assured.  Nevertheless, I will
return it to Leica for fixing (of course, sensible boy that I am, I had
already sent off the warranty card, so the shop could not do a simple
swap of another new lens). Tamarkin offered to send me a
loaner lens as temporary replacement.  Great service, as I said.

Patrick Snook