Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Adaptor?
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:55:36 EDT

Frank,

The 14167 adapter is the correct one to use on R cameras (R3 and later) as
this has the "third cam" which the R requires to "null" the meter to get
proper meter readings.  I have used the earlier adapters with no ill effects,
but then I was shooting neg film which is more forgiving.
Marc is correct that your metering options will be limited.  For example, on
an R7, you can only meter manually stopped down or in aperature priority
stopped down.  You cannot use program or shutter priority.

Bill Rosauer